Senior research scientistSeguridad alimentaria | 31.05.2021
- ORGANISATION/COMPANY: CERTA-UAB
- RESEARCHER PROFILE: Leading Researcher (R4) / Established Researcher (R3)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE 30/06/2021 17:00 – Europe/Brussels
- LOCATION: Cerdanyola del Vallès
- TYPE OF CONTRACT :Temporary
- JOB STATUS: Full-time
- HOURS PER WEEK: 40
- EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMME: H2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
- MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER: 801342
Development of Optical Process Analytical Technologies for Food Manufacturing Optimization and Control
The main objective is the development, application and technology transfer of unique intelligent, cost-effective, inline, optical sensor technologies for food process monitoring. Real time optimization and control that can be utilized as innovative Process Analytical Technology (PAT) tools under the frame of Industry 4.0. The optical sensor technologies pursue integrated approaches to zero-defect food manufacturing based on large pre-existing data sets for rapid food production line qualification and reconfiguration, that allow optimum process efficiency, as well as product consistency and quality.
More specifically, the optical sensor technology proposed would be based on inline food process monitoring and control as well as on inline quantification of food compounds, and evaluation of their functional and/or technological properties. Examples of different inline PAT using UV/VIS/NIR light backscatter and fluorescence (right angle and front face configurations) that have been addressed previously are as follows:
- a) inline determination of gel firmness in rennet-induced milk gels,
- b) inline determination of yoghurt and fermented dairy products pH,
- c) combined inline monitoring of milk coagulation and curd syneresis during cheese manufacturing,
- d) inline determination of the degree of whey protein denaturation during thermal treatment of milk,
- e) inline estimation of thermal damage in milk using fluorescence, and
- f) determination of the degree of meat emulsification during chopping.
Tecniospring offers financial support to cover up to 100% of 2-year employment contracts and develop research activity:
- Salary costs: 58,500€ per year.
- Research costs: 15,240 €.
- Open Access: 3,000 €
- Mobility costs: 1,920 €.
Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in 3 years immediately prior to the deadline for the submission of applications.
CERTA-UAB offer the possibility to develop the applied research projects described in the Offer Description.
- Submit a CV and a motivation letter to CERTA-UAB: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference “Tecniospring” not later than May 30th 2020: Only if CERTA-UAB checks that you fulfil all the selection requirements (internal selection process), you will proceed to the next point
- Prepare the scholarship application, linked to the research project described in the “Offer Description». A tutor of CERTA-UAB will help in the application procedure.
- Send the application for the TECNIOSPRING scholarship