RESEARCHER IN CLIMATE CHANGE MITIGATION AND ADAPTATION OF FOOD SYSTEMS FOR THE SUSTAINABILITY IN BIOSYSTEMS PROGRAM
IRTA is currently seeking an experienced Researcher specialized in the domain of climate change mitigation and adaptation of food systems. This vacancy is intended for an individual that ambitions to become a reference institutional actor, for local and international–public and private–stakeholders, on R&D related to climate change mitigation and adaptation in agriculture.
We welcome talented candidates with a consolidated profile and at least 10 years of experience in the development and implementation of sustainable transition strategies using innovative production and management practices, climate-smart technologies, and other solutions to support the transitioning of food systems (agriculture, terrestrial and aquatic livestock farming) toward climate friendliness and resilience all along the supply chain from farm to fork. Strong
competences in scientific leadership, project acquisition, and coordination (especially from EU calls), along with an excellent publication track, are expected.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To lead and actively contribute fund rising through the preparation and submission of project proposals for public competitive calls and for contracts with the public organisations and private sector, as well reporting process, such as writing progress and final reports of research activities.
• To work transversally with IRTA’s research groups and establish new synergies across all its research programs.
• To support IRTA’s strategic orientation and public communication with information and advice on climate change related issues.
• To represent IRTA in initiatives related to climate change mitigation and adaptation in the agri-food sector.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• PhD in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, or related disciplines.
• At least 10 years of work experience.
• Deep knowledge of climate change mechanisms and their consequences, GHG emission reduction and carbon sequestration in food supply chains, carbon economy, food production efficiency and natural resources management.
• Capable of handling product, company and territorial perspectives using systems thinking.
• Experience in nature-based solutions, natural resource management and circularity.
• Proficiency in change management techniques and regional, national, and international climate policies and strategies.
• Experience as research leader.
• Knowledge of relevant international initiatives such as “4 per 1000”, Climate-KIC, FAOLEAP, Transforming Food Systems Under a Changing Climate, as well as relevant local activities in Catalonia and Spain.
• Experience in interdisciplinary collaboration and building public-private partnerships.
• Academic teaching experience.
• Excellent communication and networking.
• Collaborative and teamwork attitude.
• Good integration in multidisciplinary teams.
• Organization and motivation.
• Compromise and cooperation.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
This is a full-time position with the possibility of the successful candidate to be recruited as IRTA’s permanent staff after a probationary period of one year. Gross salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
IRTA offers a rich environment for knowledge development and exchange where to develop a scientific career, and possibilities for professional promotion according to the attained achievements.
KEY STEPS IN THE SELECTION PROCESS
If you wish to be considered for this position, please, go to the link:
and register yourself. You should load your CV and motivation
letter in pdf format before the 13th of January 2022. All information
will be in the strictest confidence.
During the recruitment process, the Human Resources Department
will keep you informed in which step your application is.