Researcher in bacteriological diseases in fruit trees
IRTA is currently seeking a Researcher in Bacterial Diseases in Fruit Trees with a deep knowledge on the biology, epidemiology, and disease management of bacterial diseases of fruit trees, accordingly with the main research lines of the Sustainable Plant Protection program. The appointed candidate will lead research of excellence to boost advances in this area of knowledge. Within this framework, IRTA is proposing a research position with the following characteristics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To proactively initiate, supervise and/or lead internal and external research projects.
- To supervise and contribute to the design, implementation and analysis of experiments and field tests, and their subsequent reporting.
- To continuously update scientific knowledge to be positively transferred to stakeholders and end-users.
- To help positioning the Sustainable Plant Protection Program as a group of excellence through regular peer-reviewed publications, contributions at national and international congresses and supervision of PhD and postdoctoral researchers.
- To work in close collaboration with other teams of IRTA, as well as with external academic, institutional and industrial partners, in approaching new integrated control strategies to bacterial diseases of fruit tree crops.
- To specifically participate in project-based collaboration with the Fruit Production and Post-harvest IRTA programs.
- Academic degree (PhD) with proven scientific excellence and practical experience in Plant Pathology.
- Proven experience in bacterial diseases, affecting fruit tree crops and/or other woody species, and an outstanding record of scientific publications in this field.
- Proven experience in project management, with good organizational and coordination skills.
- Good level of English, both spoken and written. Catalan and Spanish will be valued.
- Full driving license for Europe and travelling availability.
- Good communicative skills and client-oriented thinking and working.
- Experience in supervising PhD students.
- Strong organizational capability and ability to learn and successfully work within multidisciplinary teams.
- Teamwork skills and ability to establish and build relationships that will allow pursuing the objectives of the R&D activities.
- Willingness to organise and share information. Proactive in suggesting improvements.
- Flexibility and adaptation. To be able to prioritize tasks effectively. Capacity to anticipate, plan and write R+D projects, reports and technical documents.
- Receptive to challenges, ability to align the professional objectives and institutional priorities and strategy.
TERMS OF THE APPOINTMENT
This is a full-time position for a period of one year with the possibility to extend the contract. Gross salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
IRTA offers a rich environment for knowledge development and exchange where to develop a scientific career, and possibilities for professional promotion according to the attained achievements.
The contract will be in the framework of the “Plant Health Innovation Hub” operation of the “Agrobiofood b. Ponent” project. This is a project of specialization an competitiveness territorial (PECT) framed in the RIS3CAT.
50% of the object of the contract is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER) of the European Union, within the framework of the FEDER Operational Program of Catalonia 2014-2020. Investment goal in growth and employment.
LOCATION: FRUITCENTRE, LLEIDA
KEY STEPS IN THE SELECTION PROCESS
If you wish to be considered for this position, please, go to the link:
http://www.irta.cat/en/work-at-irta/ and register yourself. You should load your CV in Adobe Acrobat pdf format before the 14 th of August 2021.