Oferta de doctorat al CT BETA
We are seeking candidates to apply for a FI PhD grand and conduct funded research work under the Experimental Sciences and Technology program of Universitat de Vic – Universitat Central de Catalunya. The research topic will be the biological production of a wide range of biostimulants from agro-industrial wastes in the framework of the AGRI-PROSUME project. The work will be performed in the laboratories of BETA Technological Centre.
AGRI-PROSUME project aims to address the production of three biostimulants of proven interest for the agricultural sector from a waste valorization perspective. For that purpose, AGRI-PROSUME proposes solid-state technologies (solid-state fermentation (SSF) and solid-state enzymatic hydrolysis (SSEH)) as the core for transforming waste and by-products from the agri-food industry into marketable biostimulants of specific traits (eg. protein hydrolysates rich in amino acids and peptides, plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria, and exopolysaccharides).
The selected candidate will apply to a 3-years granted PhD fellow from l’Agència de Gestió d’Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca (AGAUR).
BETA Technological Center, at Universitat de Vic – Universitat Central de Catalunya, aims to improve and promote competitiveness and technological capacities of companies, Public Bodies, and other entities, through the development of R+D+I collaborative projects. Our main fields of expertise are environmental technologies & circular bioeconomy, applied ecology & global change, soil & nutrient management, sustainability accounting & optimization, and governance for sustainability.
In the bio-based activities, we offer well-established and pioneering solutions in the waste management of liquid and solid streams such as composting, anaerobic digestion, biodrying, freeze concentration, diverse nutrients recovery technologies, and solid-state fermentation. Thus, BETA Technological Center has a significant research activity focused on the valorization of wastes to produce energy, to recover nutrients, and to obtain marketable value-added products such as bioplastics, industrial enzymes, base chemicals, and biostimulants. We count on lab-scale and pilot-plant facilities to develop these research activities.
- Hold an official bachelor’s degree, the contents of which are related to or in areas related to the doctoral programme.
- Hold an official master’s degree, in the field of knowledge related to the doctoral programme.
- Have an excellent academic record.
We look forward to receiving your application including:
- Your complete CV, including the Bachelor’s average grade and the Master’s average grade. If the studies were completed abroad, you have to supply the declaration of equivalence to the Spanish education system:
- Letters of reference (optional)
- A motivation letter (optional)
Please send the requested documents via e-mail to email@example.com (deadline October 17th, 2021)
What we offer
- A unique research opportunity to conduct research on environmental biotechnologies to promote circular bioeconomy in food production systems.
- Vibrant working environment and access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Fully equipped modern labs and facilities
- A dynamic group surrounded by an international team of experts
- Involvement in national and international projects
- Scientific stays abroad during your PhD
- Support and guidance to develop your future research career
- Vic provides a high quality of life; it is a university city with lots of cultures and very family-friendly